Each year, the Department would engage outside organisations to collaborate with us in hosting the Corporate Mentorship Programme (CMP) which lasts for one year. We are pleased to advise that there are 17 organisations taking part in 2019-20.
Purposes of the Programme
- Guide, inspire and empower students to see a possible future beyond what they see in them themselves
- Help students step out of their comfort zone to rise above their impossibilities
- Be inspired through enlightenment from practising actuaries or line managers of workplace attitude and career progression etc
Features of the Programme
- Actuaries or line manager of the companies will act as mentors providing guidance and advice to students on career development and professional examinations etc. Students will be inspired of where and how they should start their career
- It provides students with a chance to meet with practising professionals. The relationship established will enlarge the social network of students and at the same time enable them to attain the insurmountable
- The CMP normally begins with an on-site visit to the company where students will meet their mentors, seeking their consensus on the proposed meeting schedule and agreeing on the various subjects to be discussed at each mentoring session
- A platform for companies to prior offer internship opportunity for student-mentees who show active engagement in the meetings with good attitude and taking initiatives throughout etc
Big thanks to the following companies for their participation and dedication to higher education. We are sure that the Programme would have beneficial effects on both mentees and mentors.
Acknowledgement: (in alphabetical order)
- AIA Group
- AIA Int’l
- China Life
- Chubb Life
- Prudential Corporation Asia
- SCOR Re
- YF Life
For enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.