The Department’s Corporate Mentorship Programme (CMP), has been implemented as scheduled during the pandemic, given that it is much valued by both students and companies taking part in it. We are pleased to announce that there are 17 companies taking part in the Programme in 2020-22. Through CMP, students could gain non-classroom learning experiences which are useful for job seeking and career preparation.
Purposes of the Programme
- Guide and empower students to see a possible future beyond what they see in themselves
- Help students step out of their comfort zone to rise above their impossibilities
- Inspire students through enlightenment from the practitioner of workplace attitude and career progression etc
Features of the Programme
- Actuaries or line managers of the companies will act as mentors to provide enormous guidance and advice to student-mentees on topics such as career development, professional examinations requirements, industry outlook, job opportunities, work attitude or adjustment from University to workplace etc. Students will be inspired of when and how to start their career.
- The CMP begins with an on-site visit where students will meet their mentors apart from getting a general understanding of the company’s business operation.
- It provides students with a chance to meet more practising professionals through mentoring meetings. The relationship established will enlarge the social network of students.
- A platform for students to get early internship offer if their performance is impressive such as taking initiative in discussion or showing active engagement in each mentoring session or demonstrating eagerness to learn new things.
Big thanks to the following companies for their participation and dedication to higher education. We believe that the Programme would benefit both students and the companies.
Acknowledgement: (in alphabetical order)
- AIA Group
- AIA International
- China Life Insurance (Overseas) Co Ltd
- Chubb Life
- Prudential Hong Kong Ltd
- Scor Re
- Willis Towers Watson
- YF Life
For enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.