Terms of Reference
Members of the BDRC will be responsible:
- To identify research strengths of the Faculty of Science in the area of big data.
- To organize annual Big Data Symposium as a platform for catalyzing research collaboration among Science colleagues in this interdisciplinary research area.
- To encourage professoriate staff to develop interdisciplinary big data research project proposals across the six Departments/School of the Faculty of Science.
- To set up guidelines and selection criteria for research project applications and manage the Big Data Project Fund (BDPF) provided by the Faculty.
- To call for BDPF application, and evaluate the research project applications based on the selection criteria and project merit.
- To monitor the implementation of the funded projects.
- To coordinate and organize major research grant applications in the area of big data (e.g. CRF, TRS, Mid-stream ITF, and other relevant research funds provided by the Government).
- To publicize big data research results obtained by colleagues of the Faculty of Science.
- To liaise between industry and faculty members to form partners in big data endeavors.
- To seek industrial support and donations for supporting our big data research.
- To organize seminars, public lectures, workshops and conferences related to the subject of big data and data sciences.
- To support trainings of undergraduate and graduate students, lecturers, professoriate staff and IT persons in the Faculty in the subject of big data.
October 20, 2016